The one that got away...

Blog posts (in my world anyway) are, apparently, like buses...you wait ages for one and then three come at once. In fact, writing a post immediately brings ideas for other posts to mind. Must try harder, promise I will try to try.

Right here and now though, I just wanted to show you the other SBA submission that didn't get selected. It's a biggish piece, on 16.5" x 11.7" paper. I rather like it myself, though it's far from 'perfect' (whatever that is...)


It was fun to paint, and I learned a lot. I have so far mostly painted my subjects as I find them - no tweaking or primping, and here that gave me a slightly odd and somewhat comical perspective on the desiccated tip of the main leaf. It's something to bear in mind when composing an image I guess - I very much like the idea of 'veracity', but perhaps not to the detriment of the image in the end. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SBA Plantae 2019

My first show